 Robotics / 27110
Re: circular pointer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 12 May 2007 22:59:03 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, linmix <linmix@gmail.com> wrote:
i = (i+1) % SIZE;

It looks like only the last value is recycled, when what should happen
is that the first value is eliminated and the second becomes first, the
third second and the new one the last.

The line above is the line that cycles the array - each time through the loop it
increments i and resets it to zero if it's >= SIZE (% is modulus operator).

But I would agree with you about the v[i]=0 line - seems to me it would make the
running sum incorrect. Removing it should make the program work as expected.

ROSCO