 Robotics / 27113
Re: circular pointer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 13 May 2007 20:41:57 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, linmix <linmix@gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
So by defining SIZE here I can easily change the size of the macro
without having to alter anything else in the code. Nice!
[snip]

I would say defining SIZE changes the size of the array and thus the period of
the moving average. I'm not sure how you mean "macro" in this context.

[snip]
v[i]=0; • Is it necessary to initialise v[2] or simply 'cleaner' coding?
while (true) //** Do it forever
{
    sum -= v[i];

Yes, both necessary and cleaner. If you don't initialize v[2] then the first
statement in the while loop evaluates to "sum = sum - UNDEFINED;" which could be
anything. In many cases, it'll be zero, but it's better to be certain.

Often, variables are declared and initialized at the same time. Thus:

int i, j = 0;
int v[3] = {1, 2, 3};

(syntax approximate)

But when using a #define or when the array is large it can work better to
initialize an array with a loop.

Dennis