 Robotics / 27044
    Re: Zamor Spheres —linmix
   hmm, pity. Not that I'm likely to be able to participate in any big GBC (no such events where I live, in the north of Spain), but I gather that means they may not work in a ball pump e.g. linmix (...) (17 years ago, 21-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Zamor Spheres —jaa
   <<but I gather that means they may not work in a ball pump e.g.>> I chose to use Zamor spheres (because of their availability) for our GBC in my small robotics/engineering class. The kids have made ball pumps, Archimede's screws, stair lifts, chain (...) (17 years ago, 11-May-07, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Zamor Spheres —Brian Davis
   (...) This is indeed the main problem. As we originally defined a GBC it used soccer balls (at the time, Zamors hadn't yet even come out), so most GBC-standard modules not only use but take advantage of the fact that a LEGO soccer ball fits very (...) (17 years ago, 11-May-07, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Zamor Spheres —jaa
   (...) "regulation" (...) out" into (...) We'd like to see how soccer balls would run through our modules. I'm guessing that some would take the smaller balls just fine and could slip right into a regulation GBC, but others would find that their (...) (17 years ago, 11-May-07, to lugnet.robotics)