 Robotics / 27107
Re: Zamor Spheres
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2007 17:40:47 GMT

You could also have Zamors in the machine with soccer balls in a • "regulation"
GBC... AS LONG AS you are very VERY sure that the Zamors can not "leak • out" into
a downstream module that can't handle them.

We'd like to see how soccer balls would run through our modules.  I'm
guessing that some would take the smaller balls just fine and could slip
right into a regulation GBC, but others would find that their Zamor spacing
would allow soccer balls to, er, take "alternative" paths.  When (if) we can
get our hands on some soccer balls, we'll try it out and pass on the
results.

I'd love to see some still images of video - this sounds like a neat • project for
the students. How do they like it?

We should be getting some photos and video over the next three weeks -- our
public presentation is on May 31st.  I'll pass on some stills  when we have
some decent ones.

The kids are loving it, although now that we're down to the
test-it-in-the-loop stage, they're getting a little anxious.  ;)  Strangely
(to them), the modules don't behave quite the same in the loop as they do
running alone.  Somehow upstream and downstream modules aren't as
considerate of a module's little quirks as the builder was when s/he was
testing alone.

Thanks to you, Brian, and all the others who started GBCs and publish info
on the internet. The kids did a lot of research, and studied videos and
photos of your GBCs in order to build their own GBCs.  We couldn't have done
it without you.