 Robotics / 26870
  NXC/NBC release news

I released beta 26 last night/this morning. It is primarily a bug fix release. If you want to use the new features in beta 25 you definitely should upgrade to beta 26 due to the problems that exist in the previous beta release. - Fixes an array (...) (18 years ago, 12-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXC/NBC release news

Hi John! I think there is not an urgent need for a clear-screen flag in a bunch of NXT screen functions. That is, my sources are full of "false," flags :-) TextOut(...,true,...); TextOut(...,false,...); TextOut(...,false,...); LineOut(...,false); (...) (18 years ago, 14-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXC/NBC release news

(...) I would agree. I would prefer versions of the graphics commands that didn't include the clear screen flag. The fact that LEGO designed the firmware to require the flag with each of these doesn't mean it's needed in a high level language. Of (...) (18 years ago, 15-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: NXC/NBC release news

(...) In addition to the explicit flag on the opcodes, the NXT-G firmware also does an implicit clear of the screen the first time a user application program writes to the screen. So the macros could be hard-coded with 'false' and this parameter (...) (18 years ago, 15-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXC/NBC release news

(...) I am inclined to agree with you. The NXT firmware system calls provide the flexibility for choosing whether to clear the screen before any screen drawing operation but generally this option is not needed every time. Since I have a ClearScreen (...) (18 years ago, 15-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXC/NBC release news

(...) I completely agree. This flag bothers me with NXC as well as with NXT-G. (...) I have used a single white pixel .ric file to do just that. Awkward at best, but it works. (...) Not that bad... thanks to you and to Daniele for your (...) (18 years ago, 16-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)