 Robotics / 26545
  NXT firmware?

All, I am the brand new owner (wellll, by proxy...it's officially for a rookie FLL team which I am coaching :-) ) of an NXT. Because of my penchant for reading about and wanting to know as much about any new toy I get as possible, I have been (...) (18 years ago, 14-Nov-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT firmware?

(...) Nathan, Unfortunately, I don't think V1.01 was ever posted anywhere for public distribution. I know V1.03 includes some fixes for the I2C used by 3rd party sensors. Steve (18 years ago, 15-Nov-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: NXT firmware?

I think you'll be happy with simply upgrading to 1.03. You may be ultra-conservative in wanting to back up 1.01. I don't have a copy of 1.01 but here's what you can do to create your own image. It will require some effort on your part. Go to (...) (18 years ago, 15-Nov-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT firmware?

Hi Dick, (...) is SAMBA available when a LEGO firmware is flashed? If you first have to do a long reset to activate SAMBA then that will wipe the first few kilobytes of flash, so the image will be incomplete and useless. (...) I second that. (...) (18 years ago, 15-Nov-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT firmware?

(...) Hmm, then how would all of the MDP participants have upgraded their bricks? (I'm operating under the -- possibly faulty -- assumption that the bricks shipped out as a part of this program were running pre-release firmware.) Or did they all go (...) (18 years ago, 16-Nov-06, to lugnet.robotics)