 Robotics / 26549
Re: NXT firmware?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2006 19:58:10 GMT

Hi Dick,

"Dick Swan" <dickswan@sbcglobal.net> writes:

I don't have a copy of 1.01 but here's what you can do to create your
own image. It will require some effort on your part.

Go to ATMEL's web site and download their SAMBA (SAM Boot Assistant)
program and install on your Windows PC. It only runs on Windows.

SAMBA has not only an image download capability, but also an image
upload. It connects to NXT via USB. So you can use it to create your own
image. Figure out the commands for image upload.

is SAMBA available when a LEGO firmware is flashed?

If you first have to do a long reset to activate SAMBA
then that will wipe the first few kilobytes of flash,
so the image will be incomplete and useless.

Or simply go with the 1.03 upgrade without backup. :)

I second that.

Probably all the critical bugs of 1.03 will also be in 1.01,
and a few more ...

Have fun

Jürgen

--