 Robotics / 26357
Re: Mindstorms software
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2006 16:32:47 GMT

I had it working for a while on XP but then it would crash during the
tutorials and the computer would not work correctly until I rebooted.  I
think the problem is with Quicktime 3.x.  It did not seem to install it
correctly as it reported that it was not installed.  I installed QT 7.x and
the tutorials would run for a while then crash.  I then tried an install on
a computer that has Win98.  For some reason I got the same error message
that QT 3.x was not installed.  QT shows in the START menu but will not run
as a standalone either.  Perhaps my CD is defective!??  Any suggestions?

lledford wrote:

Tom,

The answer is yes for sure if you have WindowsXP with SP1 and SP2
installed.
I have many Windows98 and ME installed on my system and they all work
well.

All you have to do is to click on start -> Programs -> Accessories  and
finally click on the "Program Compatibility Wizard" and follow the
instructions on the screen.

As for as which software to use, it depends if you have a background in
programming or an interest in learning how to program the robot.  Then I
suggest using Bricxcc located at "htpp://bricxcc.sourceforge.net" without
the quotes.  Otherwise, I suggest that you use the RCX Mindstorm software
as
it is uses a graphic interface.  This is what I use.

Good Luck,

Lamar

All you have t0o do is install the software and then run the
"Tom Stiles" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
: Ok, another new user question (by the way, thanks for all that have
answered
: my other questions):
:
: I bought a used Robotics Invention System 1.5 kit and since it was 1999
: vintage and ran on Windows 98, I was wondering if it will run under
Windows
: XP?
:
: Thanks for your time,
:
: Tom S.
: --
http://www.nabble.com/Mindstorms-software-tf2092163.html#a5767017
: Sent from the LEGO Robotics forum at Nabble.com.
:

Sent from the LEGO Robotics forum at Nabble.com.