 Robotics / 26353
Re: Mindstorms software
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2006 13:15:04 GMT

Tom,

In my last msg, I would like to clear up one misleading statement.  I use
Bricxcc and NQC.  I don't like Graphic interfaces in lieu of "C" type
programming language.

Lamar

"lledford" <lsrgroup@etcmail.com> wrote in message
: Tom,
:
: The answer is yes for sure if you have WindowsXP with SP1 and SP2
installed.
: I have many Windows98 and ME installed on my system and they all work
well.
:
: All you have to do is to click on start -> Programs -> Accessories  and
: finally click on the "Program Compatibility Wizard" and follow the
: instructions on the screen.
:
: As for as which software to use, it depends if you have a background in
: programming or an interest in learning how to program the robot.  Then I
: suggest using Bricxcc located at "htpp://bricxcc.sourceforge.net" without
: the quotes.  Otherwise, I suggest that you use the RCX Mindstorm software
as
: it is uses a graphic interface.  This is what I use.
:
: Good Luck,
:
: Lamar
:
:
: All you have t0o do is install the software and then run the
: "Tom Stiles" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
: news:5767017.post@talk.nabble.com...
:: Ok, another new user question (by the way, thanks for all that have
: answered
:: my other questions):
::
:: I bought a used Robotics Invention System 1.5 kit and since it was 1999
:: vintage and ran on Windows 98, I was wondering if it will run under
: Windows
:: XP?
::
:: Thanks for your time,
::
:: Tom S.
:: --
: http://www.nabble.com/Mindstorms-software-tf2092163.html#a5767017
:: Sent from the LEGO Robotics forum at Nabble.com.
::
:
: