 Robotics / 25899
Re: NXT interface
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2006 23:21:33 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Ross Crawford wrote:
In lugnet.robotics, John Hansen wrote:
Info Screen (followed by pick move for slot 1)
|- Fwd 5 - Fwd - Turn Right 2 - Turn Right - Back Right 2 - Back Right - Tone 1
- Tone 2 - Back Left 2 - Back Left - Turn Left - Turn Left 2 - Empty - Backward
- Backward 5

Slot 2
|- Empty - Wait 2 - Wait 5 - Wait 10 - Object - Sound - Light - Dark - Touch

Slot 3 (same as slot 1)

Slot 4 (same as slot 2)

Slot 5
|- Stop - Loop

Hmmm the purpose of these slots are one thing thats not immediately obvious (to
my old brain anyway), can you explain more about what they are and how they are
used?

ROSCO

This is the on-screen programming system. It's pretty rudimentary, but it lets
you build very simple programs with only your NXT (no computer needed). Slots 1
& 3 let you 'do' something, slots 2 & 4 essentially control how long that action
takes place, and the final slot lets you either loop the program, or just stop.
It's great for using at your LEGO building area to test out something quick.
Rather than run to the computer to write a program, just key in a couple of
quick commands to see if the general idea of how something should work is okay.
Then after your robot is built, you can program it 'properly'. I also assume the
younger robot builders will find it quite useful.

Hope that helps.

--
  David Schilling