 Robotics / 25863
  Re: NXT to NXT communication?

(...) Yes, that's a tough one... (...) I've played around with a few ideas using bluetooth. In addition to the NXT->NXT remote, I wrote a program for my Bluetooth enabled PDA using eVB. Jim Kelly actually has a screenshot in his blog (URL) under (...) (18 years ago, 4-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT to NXT communication?

I haven't seen any discussion on the performance of the bluetooth messaging. I've measured PC to NXT round trip (send message and receive acknowledgement) as typically being 30 milliseconds. Has anyon else done these measurements and were your (...) (18 years ago, 5-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT to NXT communication?

(...) I can't figure out a easy way for me to test PC-to-NXT timelag, but I tried some simple bench tests on NXT-to-NXT. This is just the old standard of two timed loops (10,0000 interations), one empty, and one with a single block (or two), and (...) (18 years ago, 5-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT to NXT communication?

(...) <snipity> Jim (...) Did you say SDK?? Please elaborate on this... (18 years ago, 6-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT to NXT communication?

(...) (URL) (18 years ago, 6-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT to NXT communication?

(...) Hmmm... Speaking of SDK, based on a preliminary version of the Hardware SDK documentation the NXT is not capable of being both a master and a slave at the same time so a network of NXTs is limited to one master and three slaves and that's it. (...) (18 years ago, 11-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT to NXT communication?

(...) Sounds like it's a firmware block though, so hopefully it can be overcome with "NxtOS" or whatever in future. ROSCO (18 years ago, 11-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)