 Robotics / 25803
    help line follower program-RIS2 —Robert C. Peterson
   I have formed a LEGO group here in Colombia using RIS 2 and the standard RIS2 software. Our challenge is for each team to make a line follower that will follow a white line on a black field. I could use some sample programs to help the students. We (...) (18 years ago, 24-Apr-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: help line follower program-RIS2 —Steve Hassenplug
   (...) Robert, There are many things that can affect how well a line following robot can work. Assuming you're using a single light sensor, and a differential drive robot (tank drive), the simplest approach is to use "edge-following". This means if (...) (18 years ago, 24-Apr-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: help line follower program-RIS2 —Brian Davis
   [Dang, Steve, you beat me to it. Are you *ever* off-line ;) ?] (...) The other constraint can be how sharply the line turns. If you have a bunch of 120° turns in the line, it will be more difficult to keep the robot's light sensor over the line edge (...) (18 years ago, 24-Apr-06, to lugnet.robotics)