 Robotics / 25678
Re: Some NXT sites I've run across.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2006 18:31:12 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

hmm.  I do think the design school is very cool.

Agreed.

However, I DO NOT agree with the design tip saying beams are easier to align
with pins in both sides.  I always try to put them on the same beam.

Steve

Ditto here too in all normal circumstances.  But when comparing the two
examples, I can see where the second one might be tougher.  With the alternating
peg strategy, a person should be able to put the beams together in a zipper
fashion, starting each successive pin in place and working their way down the
beam.  That would be much tougher with all the pegs on one beam.

However the smart (and less piece-intensive) solution is to only use 2 or 3 pegs
to connect the beams :)

John