 Robotics / 25640
Re: The NXT bit of information...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 13:12:43 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Justin Fisher wrote:

I was surprised at something in the article though - it says that both the
existing touch sensors and the NXT ones are either full on or full off, when I
remember the existing ones as analogue, allowing you to detect the amount of
depression (pressure), not just whether some mechanical switching threshold has
been reached. Am I mis-remembering?

Yes.  The existing touch sensors are just switches--they give you on and off.

Peter