 Robotics / 25493
Re: Using NXT in a name - legal?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 16:56:18 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
   On Fri, January 27, 2006 10:55 am, Jordan Bradford wrote:
   In lugnet.robotics, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

http://news.lugnet.com/lego/announce/?n=40 http://www.lego.com/eng/info/fairplay.asp

Is the RCX.NET project’s name technically a trademark violation? ...

This makes it somewhat similar to leJOS but for .NET languages. Are our namespace and class names in the code also going to be a problem?

As it turns out, I just started on a project like that. I intentionally went out of my way to avoid using the letters N, X, & T right NeXT to each other.

My totally unofficial opinion would be something like this. There’s not much TLG can say about code you write for yourself. But, if you’re sharing that code, it could easily look like LEGO officially endorces it, if it’s called NXT.NET or something like that. In which case, they may ask you to change the name. Just avoid that, by using another name.

Steve

Would you like to join our project? :) We’re still in planning/design mode, so additional input is always good.