 Robotics / 25267
    Re: studless construction practice —Brian Davis
   (...) Although there is a disadvantage here too. I find fewer spacing options with studless constructions, actually. Integer and half integer spacing is easy, but not 1/3rd integer spacing that I can get with plates. Additionally, very fine spacings (...) (19 years ago, 17-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: studless construction practice —Philippe Hurbain
   (...) I guess you mean (URL) ... (...) I completely agree with Brian. While I do like studless construction (I still need more time to think and build with them, but the result is more refined), I use studded beams when I need stiffness. A single (...) (19 years ago, 17-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: studless construction practice —Rohan Beckett
   I've recently got back into technics.. and got a few of the 2004/05 kits... my first impression was: "This is Peg-o... not Lego!" after my first 4 hour session of building the 8436 truck.. my fingers were really sore from inserting so many little (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: studless construction practice —Brian Davis
   (...) Wait until you try to take the dang things apart ;-). For studless disassembly, I find a thin sheet of textured rubber invaluable for gripping the pins to pull them out (commonly used for opening stubborn jar lids). This does point out one (...) (19 years ago, 1-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)