 Robotics / 25150
Re: NXT and bluetooth enabled phones
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 23:32:59 GMT

Message text written by Kyle McDonald
I'm curious... What is it about java that you want to avoid?

once I actually looked
into Java, and started to use it, I wished I had used it sooner.

I'm curious too. I'd like to hear both points of view. Kyle, why did you
wish you had used it sooner?

I've avoided Java because, for Windows applications, I'm very happy with
Delphi and, for robots, Java requires a ludicrously huge virtual machine.

I'd learn Java script for web-based applets (if only I could get it running
on my PC) but otherwise, why should I want Java?

Peter