 Robotics / 2510
  IR Line of Sight (was: Re: Fw: RcxCC Joystick controls)

I've had pretty good results by elevating the IR Tower (it stands on the computer desk), pointing the IR Tower toward the center of the room, and mounting the RCX so that its IR port is pointing up (make sure it is the highest point on the robot). (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: IR Line of Sight (was: Re: Fw: RcxCC Joystick controls)

Sending to you directly b/c lugnet won't recognize my posts (though I've already registered with them!). Assuming the walls and ceiling of your room are painted white (I read someone quoting >70% reflectivity for IR w/ white surfaces). Would the (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: IR Line of Sight (was: Re: Fw: RcxCC Joystick controls)

(...) David, Looking at the sign-up and dead-article logs, you signed up as: Name: David Chen Email: nospam-dcchen@pacbel...net-nospam for your news-posting identiy, which translates to the expected 'From' line of: "David Chen" (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: IR Line of Sight (was: Re: Fw: RcxCC Joystick controls)

This is similar to what I have done. My IR tower is on a table, about 2.5 feet off the ground. It faces the center of the room, bouncing off a wall that is about 10-12 feet from the tower. The RCX is lying flat on the top of the robot platform, and (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)