 Robotics / 25060
Re: Bluetooth?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 04:07:48 GMT

Since bluetooth is relatively low bandwidth (1mbps), another option which
may
work even better is to mount a 802.11g wifi camera on your robot.  Such
cameras
do exist (for a price) and because they are 802.11g, you could send full
motion
video to your PC.  The PC could then do whatever processing is necessary
and
send commands back to the robot over bluetooth.  In this way, you've
solved any
potential problems with the PC trying to talk to two devices over
bluetooth.
You've also put the high-bandwidth signals (video) on the high-bandwidth
link
and the low-bandwidth signals (commands to the robot) on the low-bandwidth
link.
The biggest challenge would probably be figuring out how to get sufficient
power
to the 802.11g camera.

Mike

Ya, that's what I meant.  I mean the camera and the NXt really don't need to
connect using BT, but the camera signal could be processed by the pc and
then the pc could send info to the NXT.

Thanks
-Rob