 Robotics / 25040
  Bluetooth?

I'm not up to speed on bluetooth technology, but I got to thinking about a possibility of something similar to Vision Command using Bluetooth. Can a computer with bluetooth talk to more than one device at once? The idea is to have a wireless (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Bluetooth?

(...) Rob- Bluetooth can talk to many devices (although only one at any given instant). If you were going to control your system from your PC, there's no reason to send the data through the NXT to the PC -- might as well send it directly to the PC. (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Bluetooth?

(...) It must be a possibility, because somebody has already done it. Check out this Ericsson bluetoooth controlled camera/robot: (URL) I'm missing it, however, the article doesn't mention resolution or frame rate. It can't be too good, considering (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Bluetooth?

(...) Rob- Bluetooth is a master-slave topology allowing communication through master units. No slave-slave communication is possible via the current spec (heh heh research people are working on this as well). A small network of bluetooth devices is (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Bluetooth?

(...) Yeah, but the real advantage of bluetooth IMO is its inheritly designed for ad hoc networking, i.e. multiple NXTs forming a small piconet. This could be multiple NXTs witin the same construct or multiple bots working together! Btw, I've read (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Bluetooth?

(...) Ya, that's what I meant. I mean the camera and the NXt really don't need to connect using BT, but the camera signal could be processed by the pc and then the pc could send info to the NXT. Thanks -Rob (18 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Bluetooth?

(...) really don't need to (...) by the pc and (...) Once you bring the PC into the communications loop, why bother with writing programming in the NXT? Simply turn the NXT into a dumb device that motor control commands from the PC. Leave all the (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Bluetooth?

(...) Or just use the afore mentioned wireless G camera and the PC to provide similar but more flexible functions. Just because there is a PC in the loop doesn't mean it needs to do the control. The robot can be autonomous. Just consider the PC a (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Bluetooth?

(...) functions. Just (...) needs to do the (...) consider the PC a (...) Now, *THIS* is a great idea ___...___ Yahoo! DSL – Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less. dsl.yahoo.com (18 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)