 Robotics / 24970
Re: Mindstorms NXT programming languages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 8 Jan 2006 21:01:26 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, bhopkins@apress.com wrote:

Hi all,

One thing that was noticibly absent from the press releases was the
programming language(s) that would be used for NXT robots. Since NXT
seems to be an addition to the Mindstorms family (and not a
replacement for the RCX) I would assume that Lego will be supporting
REAL programming languages like Java/J2ME and C/C++.

Do anyone have any ideas on the programming languages that may be used?

Thanks,

Bruce

Besides trying to hack the USB port to make it a host (which seems more unlikely
the more I read), and besides trying to use Bluetooth to talk to my Gameboy
Advance (and vice-versa), I'd also like to tackle something like the RCX.NET
project. I like C# quite a bit, personally. Or with ASP.NET you could build a
webpage that lets people control your robots remotely. Such projects already
exist written in Java. The Bluetooth communication will make this kind of thing
much more reliable and probably easier.