 Robotics / 24712
Re: How much weight can a LEGO chassis carry around?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 2005 15:39:15 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Nathan Colyer ncoly1@eq.edu.au wrote:

   It might work to make a robot that tows the laptop on a trailer setup?

Ah, sort of the 18-wheeler approach to carrying heavy loads. That’s not a bad idea; certainly it solves the axle-support and skid-steering problems. But it makes the steering code a much harder problem, doesn’t it? I can imagine my poor bot getting stuck in a dead-end hallway, having a hard time turning itself around.

Still, it’s a possibility. Thanks for the suggestion.

Best,
– Joe