 Robotics / 2465
Re: RcxCC Joystick controls
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 10:11:53 GMT

Maybe having an option to control the RCX with the directional arrows on
the keyboard would be cool! (A joystick's cooler, but my damn laptop
doesn't have a joystick port :P) Hehe...

Mark Overmars wrote:

What do you have in mind? I could add "none" choices when indicating
motors fr left and right (or drive ans steer). This would mean that the
robot only moves forwards and backwards (or left and right). Would that
be what you want? (If you have just tow motors attached you can of
course already achieve this now by choosing a non-existing output.)

I don't see how to drive and steer with only one motor. Although there
is a trick that is also used in cheap remote controlled cars: They drive
forwards in a straight line and backwards with a turn. This is rather
easy to construct with MindStorms.

If you have something else in mind, please let me know and I will try t
incorporate it.

Mark Overmars

Is there any way to make the joystick control of RcxCC2.0 work with just 1
motor. Some of us havn't had the $$$ to get a 3rd motor just yet. Even if I
did have a 3rd, I'd use it for extra speed or some other
gilley-friggy-thingy not yet thought of.

Kevin A. Saddi
kevin-saddi@iname.com
http://home1.gte.net/ksaddi/
-