 Robotics / 2461
Re: RcxCC Joystick controls
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 09:25:57 GMT

On my Mindstorms page there is a program that uses the Mindstorms software
to steer. Touch sensors turn on the steering motor at power level 1 or 2 (I
don't remember which) for 2/10ths of a second per press. It takes 2 taps of
the right button to go full right, 2 taps of the left button to center and 2
more left to go full left. It's primative but it works. The touch senors are
mounted on the RCX and the whole unit is hand held w/the long leads going to
the car.
On the page there is also a very "primative" car that was the 1st prototype.
I'll try to upload the scans of the latest car a dragster w/4 cylender
engine, using the fiber-optics for spark effect. It also uses the single
motor drive w/differential and the other motor for power steering and the
original program only because I havn't gotten the hang of using RcxCC just
yet.
Search the LegoMindtorms page for LegoCork (That's me) and you'll see the
program. Thanks for posting a response and I hope there is a way to make the
joystick work w/MOC and others in the future.