 Robotics / 24561
  Adaptor(s)

If you could have an adaptor to connect A non-Lego item to Lego what would you have? At the moment I'd like a device that connects Lego wires to standard electrical wire. Something like an electric brick with one of those connectors you get on cheap (...) (19 years ago, 24-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Adaptor(s)

I would love a way to mount other mCUs, as the 3 RCXs, and batteries to support them to get some of the same functionality can be very heavy and bulky. I agree with a standard electrical connector - I actually had an idea for a more advanced Lego (...) (19 years ago, 25-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Adaptor(s)

(...) I built an adapter for my digital pocket camera using a 6x8 plate with 2x2 tiles glued to it. I drilled a 1/4 inch hole at the right place and put a screw up through it an into the mounting hole of the camera. The plate can get stuck on (...) (19 years ago, 25-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Adaptor(s)

(...) I'm not sure I understand - what would that gain you? Since the standard LEGO sensors have that circuitry built in, and if you put it in a seperate unit all you're doing is moving the circuitry from the sensor itself to a second enclosure. (...) (19 years ago, 25-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Adaptor(s)

(...) I have a mini-tripod that I take backpacking (about $9 US) that has three folding 4" long legs and a double ball-socket head (tripod to ball-socket, ball-socket to 2nd ball-socket via a short 1" long connector, with the pin- &-screw mounting (...) (19 years ago, 25-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Adaptor(s)

I think what you missed was the possibility to attach more advanced and interesting sensors. The sensors are a basic start- but there are better ones, there are compass sensors, improved non-contact rotation sensors (read as opto-interruptor based (...) (19 years ago, 25-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Adaptor(s)

(...) No, I understand that - for instance, AFOL's have had compass, IR, Ultrasound, differential light and IR sensors, etc., for quite some time now. Including the rectifier etc. hasn't seemed to be very much of a problem, in terms of size or cost, (...) (19 years ago, 26-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Adaptor(s)

(...) Have you tried one of those 'cold touch' irons yet? (URL) only get hot when in contact with something metallic - and they cool down within a second or so when they lose contact. It's hard to imagine how one of those could hurt a 2yr old. They (...) (19 years ago, 26-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Adaptor(s)

Danny, and others, Try (URL) especially (URL) I think that might be what you are looking for, or at least close. (...) ___...___ Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005 (URL) (19 years ago, 27-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics)