 Robotics / 24462
Re: $60 for RCX 1.0 and Serial Tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 13 Oct 2005 02:49:36 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Jack Hawk wrote:
--- Steve Hassenplug <Steve@TeamHassenplug.org> wrote:

I've never seen any 1.5s with a power port.  That seems very odd,
because that was
one of the things LEGO said they changed for the 1.5.

I guess I'm mistaken. I could have sworn the box said 1.5, but it
clearly says 1.0 on the brick. I lost the box to see where my confusion
is.

The confusion is that the nos. 1.0, 1.5 and 2.0 properly refers to the RIS sets,
viz:
#9719 Robotics Invention System 1.0 (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/9719)
#9747 Robotics Invention System 1.5 (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/9747)
#3804 Robotics Invention system 2.0 (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/3804)

As for the RCX (programmable brick) itself, there are three variations:
RCX 1.0 with socket for AC adapter (came in RIS 1.0 set)
RCX 1.0 minus socket (came in RIS 1.5 set)
RCX 2.0 no socket (comes in RIS 2.0 set)

As far as I am aware, there never was an RCX marked 1.5.

So if you're needing an RCX with a power socket, make sure it's marked RCX 1.0.
But beware, coz not all RCX marked 1.0 have the power socket.

I'll go back to lurking now.

Don't!

CSSoh