 Robotics / 24458
Re: $60 for RCX 1.0 and Serial Tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 12 Oct 2005 03:05:00 GMT

--- Steve Hassenplug <Steve@TeamHassenplug.org> wrote:

On Tue, October 11, 2005 1:00 pm, Jack Hawk wrote:
--- Ed McGlynn <ejmcglynn@netzero.net> wrote:

In lugnet.robotics, Rob Doucette wrote:
In lugnet.robotics, Dick Swan wrote:
Just saw this ad for $60 for RCX 1.0 controller, infrared
tower and serial cable. I think this is a good price.
https://botballstore.org/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=25&p
roducts_id=86&osCsid=fb5e77e0ffded77cf837c06d50f61316
<https://botballstore.org/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=25&
products_id=86&osCsid=fb5e77e0ffded77cf837c06d50f61316>

It looks like a 1.5 RCX, there's no power port.

-Rob.

Right - good catch, Rob.
A decent price, but that'd be better if you could power it
externally.

Ed

Actually, my 1.5 has a power port. It didn't come with a power cord • so
I borrow the one from my train controller when I need it.

I'm curious (and not trying to be a punk, really), but how can you • tell
there's not power port from that enlarged picture? Its hard to see • the
end from the top-down picture I see.

--Jack,
AFOL, St. Louis

I've never seen any 1.5s with a power port.  That seems very odd,
because that was
one of the things LEGO said they changed for the 1.5.

The RCXs with a power port only have four studs on the bottom row.
Looking at the
picture, you can see there are six studs.

Do you have any pictures of your 1.5?

Steve

I guess I'm mistaken. I could have sworn the box said 1.5, but it
clearly says 1.0 on the brick. I lost the box to see where my confusion
is.

I'll go back to lurking now.

--Jack

http://mail.yahoo.com