 Robotics / 24333
Re: Barcodes & error detection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 8 Sep 2005 13:00:46 GMT

On 9/8/05, Brian Davis wrote:

   Using retroreflective white tape or reflective but slightly diffusive tape
(an aluminum duct tape slightly crinkled and flattened again; I tried it as
flat
as possible as well) would seem to work, but actual tests show that it often
can't be distinguished from white.

Are you lighting the area with a light brick, or relying on ambient
illumination?  I find the Lego light sensor extremely finicky in "real
work" situation, and try to always shield the area from ambient and
provide my own illumination.

-Rob A>