 Robotics / 24258
    Legway —Bryan Bonahoom
   If you haven't heard of Legway, I highly recommend checking it out at www.teamhassenplug.org ...Steve came up with a very cool robot a while back that stands up and balances on two-wheels. I am happy to say that I was able to make Legway work for (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Legway —Steve Hassenplug
     (...) I love to hear about these. I know building someone else's design, and using someone else's code doesn't sound like a challenge, but I also know setting up BrickOS IS a challenge. And besides, it's pretty cool to watch it stand there... Steve (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Legway —Jean-Louis Bergamo
     Hello, (...) I made a Legway too this weekend (i ordered some sensors to hitechnic). I didn't see it in real life before. It is really funny to see this robot standing up on only 2 wheels. if you're ok for this, Steve, i will show it at LEGOWorld (i (...) (19 years ago, 19-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Legway —Steve Hassenplug
     (...) Yes, one of the most popular robots I've made, when it's working well, just stands there... :) (...) That's fine with me. However, don't be too surprised if it DOESN'T attract a big crowd. It's a big attraction to people who understand what it (...) (19 years ago, 19-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Legway —Bryan Bonahoom
   (...) ...Steve came up with a very cool robot a while back that stands up and balances on two-wheels. (...) Since posting this message, I have received a couple of emails asking what sensors I used. I used the IR distance sensors from Hi-Technic. I (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Legway (Sensor Type Correction) —Bryan Bonahoom
   (...) Okay - I blew it. I actually used the Electro-Optical (EO) sensors from Hi-Technic. I confused them with the IR sensors because I never learned my primary colors as a child. :) Sorry for any confusion. Bryan (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Legway (Sensor Type Correction) —dan miller
   FWIW I built a Legway clone using a sensor I scrapped together out of a tiny flashlight, a standard Lego light sensor, and a lens from an instant camera. Will send pics & code if anyone's interested. Philo also had one with two standard light (...) (19 years ago, 24-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Legway (Sensor Type Correction) —Bryan Bonahoom
   (...) Absolutely!! I am always interested in seeing unique solutions to the same quest. Sounds like a neat idea. Thanks, Bryan (19 years ago, 24-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Legway (Sensor Type Correction) —dan miller
   A couple ppl asked about this, but I realize I have no pics yet. For now, here is a movie of the thing, you can see the flashlight pretty well: (...) ___...___ Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page (URL) (19 years ago, 24-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics)