 Robotics / 23928
Re: GPS Reality?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 23 Apr 2005 23:13:38 GMT

Another idea is to have an infra-red emmiter on the robot, and (in a
relatively unobstructed arena), sensors along the two horizontal axes.
Each robot broadcasts a different ID, and the arena systems use the ID
along with the sensors getting the clearest signal to send the robot a
radio signal back with the ID of the sensors or full coords. The
Yet another is to use three Ultra-sound beacons again, but modulating
the ultra-sonic signals to include a time code - I get the feeling
that this may be too hard - although it is closest in function to what
you actually get from the GPS satellites.

This may be a use (finally) for the spybot controllers.  at least for those
of us who try to stay purists. I can see that when it is in beacon mode that
the LED is flashing, but i'm not sure due to lack of equipment that the
different controllers give out different signals? a little help here?

Just a thought for the purists.

Mike