 Robotics / 23717
    Robolab Data Acquisition —Dick Swan
   The objective of this note is not more input to the recent near "religious" thread of Robolab vs. NQC (or other programming environments)! My objective is to highlight the incredible data acquisition and analysis aspects of Robolab. If you're not (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Robolab Data Acquisition —Brian Davis
     (...) Perhaps I'll actually get an updated copy of Robolab (I gave it up due to no OSX version, now rectified, and a steep learning curve (for someone raised on FORTRAN and BASIC). I *love* the datalog (with one exception, see below), but the fact (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Robolab Data Acquisition —John Hansen
     (...) Some of the amazing things Robolab can do with the Datalog are enabled, in part, by the not-available-except...olab-users firmware version they ship with Robolab. I readily admit that a tool (like Robolab) built around a data acquisition (...) (20 years ago, 17-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Robolab Data Acquisition —Brian Davis
     (...) Hopefully somebody who actually knows Robolab well can answer you there, John. I think I remember that it allowed active IR polling of the RCX even remotely (i.e. - via the web using LASM), so perhaps. Or, perhaps, I'm just talking about (...) (20 years ago, 17-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Robolab Data Acquisition —Tonya Witherspoon
     Hey Dick, Excellent description of Robolab's data acquisition and analysis toolset. I hope that you'll consider attending and speaking at the Robolab conference in Austin this summer! Annual ROBOLAB Conference (August 15-17th, Austin, Texas) (URL) (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Robolab Data Acquisition —Steve Baker
   (...) Yeah - I have no doubt that this tool has value for non-programmers who need to rapidly stitch together some instruments to perform an experiment. But that's not what programming is about. (...) Exactly. (...) ...and at that level of (...) (20 years ago, 17-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics)