 Robotics / 23677
  Re: FLL not allowing NQC

(...) I am curious. I don't know about other AFOLs on this list, but I have not found anything on the LEGO sites that I want to buy? I already have 4 RIS 2.0 systems and some other parts I bought off of eBay/Bricklink. I bought the additional pieces (...) (20 years ago, 13-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: FLL not allowing NQC

Nine words: Lego has no interest in satisfying the AFOL market But never fear... One word: Bricklink >> Mark (20 years ago, 13-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  AFOL/Mindstorms stagnation...

(...) At Brickfest last year, Jake made it clear that Mindstorms were not dead, but the future of Mindstorms is not the 2.0. That pretty much only leaves one option. Something new. But when? On Sat, March 12, 2005 8:22 pm, Mr S said: (...) I agree. (...) (20 years ago, 13-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  AFOL/Mindstorms stagnation (Was Re: FLL not allowing NQC)

(...) I think that it's possible that the market has simply saturated. After all, there is a definite limit to the amount of Lego parts you need to build robots that are as complex as your time/imagination allows. I also have 4 RIS and a handful of (...) (20 years ago, 13-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: AFOL/Mindstorms stagnation (Was Re: FLL not allowing NQC)

(...) That's right - I find that for Mindstorms the stuff I have matches the time I have, but brickscaping for trains takes vast quantities of bricks - at least they're basic bricks! To improve the power to weight ratio you could make a power (...) (20 years ago, 13-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics)