 Robotics / 23578
  Re: RIS 2.0 Problems

Steve, I stand by my statements. Robolab does not encourage poor programing practice. Neither does NQC encourage it. These tools are neutral and can be used well or not. Further, Robolab skills become LabVIEW skills--skills that are often required (...) (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: RIS 2.0 Problems

Let me weigh in. Robolab, I think, is an EXCELLENT tool to bridge the gap between GUI based programming and "kid" programming. Also, it should be noted that ALL programming is not done in a C/C++ environment. Many engineers spend time developing (...) (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RIS 2.0 Problems

(...) Sitting back watching, I have to delurk and make the point that in ROBOLAB 2.5.4 there is a new function called "Upload RCX Code". With this function you can download someones "spagetti" code to an RCX and then upload it back to your computer (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RIS 2.0 Problems

(...) Tom, I'd like to hear your comments in response to my "robolab as a tool for teaching programming post" earlier today. The gist of it starts about here: (URL) short, I disagree with you regarding whether Robolab is neutral with respect to good (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics)