 Robotics / 23429
  Re: Modular RC kits?

Joe, Indeed, the RIS RCX programmable brick has a remote control, which you can find at: (URL) you already have an RCX, to get remote control won't cost too much. (...) ___...___ Do you Yahoo!? Read only the mail you want - Yahoo! Mail SpamGuard. (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Modular RC kits?

(...) I knew that, and thank you, but it's not what I'm asking for. I don't have an RCX, nor would I want to use one for this. I need *radio* control, not remote (infrared) control, and I don't want to involve a computer. I apologize that I wasn't (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Modular RC kits?

Joe Strout writes: > LEGO already makes several RC cars, but at least from the ones I > have seen, they are not modular; the radio speaks directly to a > chassis, and you basically can just decorate that chassis. You > can't intercept the received (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Modular RC kits?

(...) I don't think LEGO has anything specificly (they *used* to have a three-channel RC system, but it's hard to find. However, there's a third-party device that might fit your problem: (URL) not personally used it, but it sounds like you might be (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Modular RC kits?

Joe Strout wrote: > I knew that, and thank you, but it's not what I'm asking for. I don't have an > RCX, nor would I want to use one for this. I need *radio* control, not remote > (infrared) control, and I don't want to involve a computer. I (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Modular RC kits?

(...) Um, I thought you had to have the firmware installed in the RCX before you could use the remote... The Scout, on the other hand, responds to the remote right out of the box. Rob www.brickmodder.net (20 years ago, 30-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Modular RC kits?

Rob Hendrix wrote: > Um, I thought you had to have the firmware installed in the RCX before you > could use the remote... The Scout, on the other hand, responds to the > remote right out of the box. Actually, you might be right about that...I really (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Modular RC kits?

(...) I know you don't need to program it, but the RCX *is* a computer, and it seems ridiculous to use it to achieve remote control. I can buy a 2-channel R/C car for $25, which probably weighs less all together than the RCX and certainly costs 1/4 (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Modular RC kits?

(...) It sounds great (apart from the odd frequency -- I wonder if they're using Radiotronix boards?), but in order to use it, I'd have to actually get one -- and HiTechnic dropped off the face of the earth several years ago, nest pas? Best, - Joe (20 years ago, 31-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics)