 Robotics / 2342
Re: A/W MAYA and Robotics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 15:41:15 GMT

Jason Cooper wrote:

YES!

The prospect of using 3D transform/rotate data from Maya or any other animation program for real world robotic control is a great idea.

Keep in touch all you Maya maniacs!

Cool! More and more people interested in Maya + Robotics! I was thinking, what about working on a way to program the RCX with MEL. It would require some sort of compiler, but would be a great way to train animators on MEL behaviors, or to see your MEL script in action WITH NO RENDERING! Any programers out there that might be interested in working on "MEL for RCX"?

In my spare time (yeah right), I am trying to work work out a MEL script for "smart gears" that will properly effect each others rotation without having to run a rigid body simulation, so that I can preview movement in realtime.
--

L. M. Lloyd
lee@advfilms.com
SGI Animator