 Robotics / 2286
Re: A/W MAYA and Robotics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 22:50:24 GMT

I've already made a MEL scipt that takes a Maya IK animation and writes out a basic program
that can be downloaded to a basic stamp without modification. It controls servos where the IK joints are.

And I made a MEL script that is a basic real-time virtual robot that wanders around a bunch
of obstacles, just like a basic RCX robot with 2 touch sensors.

I want to try direct control of stuff from Maya though the serial port but I haven't had the time.
It would be cool to send commands to the RCX from Maya.

You didn't mention that the base price for Maya is $7500

later,
jOhn