 Robotics / 2343
Re: New Collaborative website for Lego Robotics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 15:45:46 GMT

Russell,

I have launched what I hope will be a solution to several problems that
arise with the use of this newsgroup/mailing list as a repository of
infomation for LEGO robotics. Many of you have noted that there is a • need
for an FAQ and you will also have become aware that we often see the • same
topics cropping up again and again in this group. Normally this sort of
enduring information is better suited to residing on a web site but this
requires someone to adminster it and not many people are willing to take • on
the responsibility of doing so.

Are you saying that I have been irresponsible?  I'd be happy to remove
you from the mailing list and remove the mention of your web site if
you feel that way.  I wouldn't want you associated with something you
disrespect.

I certainly do not think that. I like many I HIGHLY respect what you have
done for this community. I've re-read this paragraph to try to see what
could have made you think this but I'm afraid I can't see it. What I was
trying to say was that not many people (with notable exceptions such as
yourself) have time to administer an FAQ site. I thought that the Wiki idea
would solve this since everyone can contribute in whatever way they choose.

I do apologize if I have in some way caused offence.

Andy Bower