 Robotics / 23215
Re: Errors while installing brickOS 0.2.6.10
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 2004 21:26:15 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Chih-Chieh Wang wrote:
http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/BricxCCSetupCygwin.exe

http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/BricxCCbrickOSleJOS.exe

John Hansen

Sorry for the late reply! I am wondering if the two installers are required, and
what they are for.

These two installers offer the brickOS beginner an extremely easy way to get
Cygwin and the necessary cross compilers installed on a Win32 system as well as
all the brickOS files (and LeJOS files also).  If you download and run these two
installers you will be ready to use brickOS in a matter of a few short minutes.
On the other hand, if you try to install Cygwin from the official distribution
site and build the H8 cross compiler yourself you could spend many hours and run
into lots of problems.

Good luck!

John Hansen