 Robotics / 23200
23199  |  23201
Subject:
Should the USB Tower have a light?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 26 Dec 2004 21:51:29 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Okay, brief history:

I have an RCX 1.0 brick from a RIS 1.0 kit.

Got a new laptop, no Serial port, called lego...they sent me a USB tower.

USB tower needs 2.0 software (which I didn't have and wasn't available on
shop.lego.com), called lego, they sent me RIS 2.0 on CD ($5).

Installed CD, tried to connect, froze. Repeated, froze. Tried every conceivable
configuration, froze.

Dug around online, found the info about Hyper Threading (My laptop's a Pentium 4
3.2 Hyper Threaded) found the driver patch for XP, found a link, downloaded and
installed it.

RIS software now doesn't freeze, but doesn't see the Brick. Says it's not
there.

Bricx doesn't see it either. I set it to automatic and it says it can't find
it. I select USB 1,2,3 and 4.

Okay, now as I'm reading, and I see someone in another post mention a "green
light" on the USB Tower. I look on my USB Tower and I don't see a light at all,
anyplace.

Is my USB tower supposed to have a green light at some point while it's
plugged in? Because mine has no lights at all...nothing...nada...and now I'm
wondering if the tower's broken or not working perhaps...