 Robotics / 23089
23088  |  23090
Subject:
question about inputs & outputs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 2004 00:58:40 GMT

ok this is a funky idea, but I've already got some evidence it can work.

I *really* need 4 outputs, but I only need 2 inputs for my project.  Is there some way, using
brickOS (I assume it's impossible without modifying firmware), to reprogram an input as some sort
of output?  Obviously there's some capability to provide a voltage to the light & rotation
sensors.  In fact, if I hook up a motor to a sensor, and enable light sensor on that input, it
moves a bit!

I'm thinking if I can modify the duty cycle that drives the LED, I can at least get a
one-directional output from a sensor input.  I'm wondering where I can get more data on exactly
how the I/O pins are wired up to the RCX, how to hack the kernel to do whatever is possible, and
what risks I might be taking with this approach?

thx