 Robotics / 23119
Re: input used as output
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 2004 10:22:50 GMT

So I'm suspecting that if I get into LegOS internals, I can tweak the low-level code to do more.

No, that's an internal limitation of RCX inputs: when configured for active
sensors, they provide a 14mA current limited supply. This low current is enough
to light a LED or slowly turn a motor, but don't expect to get any significant
mechanical power from there.

Have you considered mechanical splitters (such as
http://www.bricksonthebrain.com/instructions/offsite.cfm?linkID=618) to get two
actions from one motor ?

Philo