 Robotics / 22966
Re: SPAM and OT messages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 21:31:05 GMT

It seems to me that no matter how hard we try, without
dedicated real time human attention and filtering,
some spam and OT messages will eventually make it to
the list.

The intelligent thing to do is not overreact, but
simply forward to the list moderator so that it gets
to their attention to censure the user or whatever
methods are employed. Complaining about it never helps
anything.

If you are seriously concerned and can volunteer as
much as several hours of your day to sit and moderate
messages on the list in real time, then you can do
something about it, otherwise, be patient, and calm.

While there are many academic and scientific teams
working to create the worlds best spam trap, they
haven't done it yet... so demanding better performance
from a free list is just out of order in my view.

Cheers

--- Rob Hendrix <rob.removebeforesending@msltc.org>
wrote:

I was referring to the message I was replying to and
the SPAM messages that
have trickled over in the past from crynwyr to
lugnet.

"Russell Nelson" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in
message