 Robotics / 22967
RE: LEGO Voting Machines
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 21:42:22 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com
[mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com] On Behalf Of Steve Hassenplug
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2004 3:12 PM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Re: LEGO Voting Machines

In lugnet.robotics, "Rob Limbaugh"
<RLimbaugh@greenfieldgroup.com> wrote:

Has anyone explored the thought of using Mindstorms to simulate an
election process throughout schools?

Students could model different types of voting systems and • also learn
about creating voting machines, election processes in general, data
collection, etc. and perhaps get a large portion of a
school involved.

That's a really cool idea.  I wish it would have come up last
week.  I would have spoken with our FLL team about it.  Maybe
we'll discuss it this weekend.

Thanks for the idea.

Steve

Had it not been for Liz Bilbro's original post, I wouldn't have even
thought of it.