 Robotics / 22958
  RE: Don't forget to VOTE !!!!

Actually, I do know there are others on this list, and I am not embarrassed at all. Sorry you feel so put upon that you would respond to what was a non-partisan reminder to US list participants. If you do not care what happens in the US, I hope you (...) (20 years ago, 2-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Don't forget to VOTE !!!!

Um, Admins? What does this have to do with Lego and Lego robotics? Is there no way to filter posts (or otherwise fix the problems) that come from the crynwyr site? -Rob Entire message attached: "Liz Bilbro" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in (...) (20 years ago, 2-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.admin.general)

  OT -- RE: Don't forget to VOTE !!!!

I do apologize for not marking this thread Off Topic. My bad! :) Liz (20 years ago, 2-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Don't forget to VOTE !!!!

(...) Unfortunately not. There was an intentional decision made to link the list with the Lugnet group. The only real way to block this would either be to break that link, or to require all posts be authenticated like any other post (which would (...) (20 years ago, 2-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Don't forget to VOTE !!!!

Rob Hendrix writes: > Is there no way to filter posts (or otherwise fix the problems) that come > from the crynwyr site? Crynwr. What problems are you talking about? (20 years ago, 2-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Don't forget to VOTE !!!!

I was referring to the message I was replying to and the SPAM messages that have trickled over in the past from crynwyr to lugnet. "Russell Nelson" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message news:16775.58273.289...nwr.com... (...) (20 years ago, 2-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: SPAM and OT messages

It seems to me that no matter how hard we try, without dedicated real time human attention and filtering, some spam and OT messages will eventually make it to the list. The intelligent thing to do is not overreact, but simply forward to the list (...) (20 years ago, 2-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: SPAM and OT messages

(...) It is certainly true that there is a considerable level of effort required to ensure an open access mailing list is free of spam. (...) I didn't see any complaints about the specific messages. I saw a question as to why there is a linkage (...) (20 years ago, 2-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Don't forget to VOTE !!!!

Rob Hendrix writes: > I was referring to the message I was replying to and the SPAM messages that > have trickled over in the past from crynwyr to lugnet. Crynwr. I've changed the moderation system so that shouldn't happen anymore. If it does, send (...) (20 years ago, 2-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Don't forget to VOTE !!!!