 Robotics / 22846
    POC Exploration Robot —Mathieu Lalonde
   <>Hello everyone, I am student in industrial computing (the Quebec counterpart of Computer Science), and I am seriously considering using Lego Mindstorms for my final project. What my teammate and I would like to do is a proof-of-concept exploration (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: POC Exploration Robot —Patrick Levy
     Mathieu, I guess this is not exactly you are looking for, but it can give some help. This is a prohject i made (most for functionality than design...) of a remote controled rover, with a (no lego) wireless camera. (URL) rover is based on kit 7471 (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: POC Exploration Robot —Rob Stehlik
   (...) Mathieu, I think this project is defenitely doable. My first bit of advice: don't build a synchro. This will add a huge amount of complexity to the project. The great thing about synchros is the navigation accuracy, but the downside is the (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: POC Exploration Robot —Sandy Johnson
   (...) Perhaps an RCX and a CyberMaster (radio) would be easier? That way you can talk to both at the same time, you get more sensors and the built-in tachos in the Cybermaster for reasonable dead-reckoning (add an after market compass for improved (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics)