 Robotics / 2280
    A/W MAYA and Robotics —Jason Cooper
   YES! The prospect of using 3D transform/rotate data from Maya or any other animation program for real world robotic control is a great idea. Using Maya's dynamics module, we could accurately simulate an environment and then develop "behaviors" for (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: A/W MAYA and Robotics —John Huikku
     I've already made a MEL scipt that takes a Maya IK animation and writes out a basic program that can be downloaded to a basic stamp without modification. It controls servos where the IK joints are. And I made a MEL script that is a basic real-time (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: A/W MAYA and Robotics —Lee Lloyd
   (...) Cool! More and more people interested in Maya + Robotics! I was thinking, what about working on a way to program the RCX with MEL. It would require some sort of compiler, but would be a great way to train animators on MEL behaviors, or to see (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)