 Robotics / 22672
    Re: Competitive MINDSTORMS: Now in a store near you! —Brian Davis
   (...) Hmm. The way I see it, pushing power is limited (in an ideal world!) by one of two factors: applied torque (a function of motors and gearing), and the frictional force between the wheels and the surface (controled by the weight of the 'bot and (...) (20 years ago, 20-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Competitive MINDSTORMS: Now in a store near you! —Joe Strout
     (...) two, where Gargantuan-Bot takes on any willing contenders just for fun? Best, - Joe (20 years ago, 20-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Competitive MINDSTORMS: Now in a store near you! —David Perdue
     (...) Now that would be fun! However, it all depends on whether or not I'll be able to attend the event, and if I was to do that and bring another robot as well, I might have to get myself some more parts! :) Thanks, David J. Perdue (...) (20 years ago, 20-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Competitive MINDSTORMS: Now in a store near you! —David Perdue
   (...) Wow! That's a lot of math. I see now where the 900 N cm comes into the picture. (...) Unfortunately, BL58 does weigh over 2 lbs, but as Brian suggested, I could bring it anyway and we could have several rounds with it just for fun. Thanks, (...) (20 years ago, 20-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics)