 Robotics / 2256
  Re: Questions about Differential

(...) The Super Car has 3 or 4 I think, but I have never seen that set in the Lower Mainland (I see we are both in the same area). Dean (URL) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Questions about Differential

(...) The 8880 - Super Car set has three differentials. It also has 6 "U" joints and 4 large, crude but very functional CV joints. Other parts of interest include the parts for a 4 wheel drive, 4 wheel steering system with independent suspension. (A (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Questions about Differential

(...) Motorize the 8880? That'll prolly be difficult - I just tried simply sticking a motor on the main drive shaft, and it just won't drive... maybe with _large_ gear train. But it'll never go fast with a lego motor, I think. My next try will (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Questions about Differential

Initially I'm trying to shoehorn a new style motor into the existing form. The old motor wouldn't have a chance at driving the model. The new one might do it just fine by driving the "crankshaft". My final model will require redesigning the model (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Questions about Differential

(...) Try using the IR Port as a proximity sensor as has been discussed in this newsgroup. Search for subject: IR Port as Proximity Sensor. One guy put up a website w/ sample Botcode program to do this. Here is a NQC program called IRPing that puts (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)