 Robotics / 225
  Controling LEGO trains via Decta Control Lab

Hi All, I have been working on controlling LEGO trains thru the Decta Control Lab and I got a tip to pulse the power to the rails to better control the trains speed. There are 8 power settings via the ctrl lab and there are really only 2 or 3 (...) (26 years ago, 29-Oct-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Controling LEGO trains via Decta Control Lab

(...) To change the speed of the pulsing, you change the frequency. Frequency is measured in Hz. You want more Hz. To change the speed of the train, you increase either the duty cycle or the voltage. The duty cycle is the percentage of time that the (...) (26 years ago, 29-Oct-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Controling LEGO trains via Decta Control Lab

10Hz is nowhere near fast enough to control a train motor using PWM (pulse width modulation). You need at least 100Hz, and higher would be better. Any of your suggestions will vary the speed of a motor, but the most common is varying the duty cycle. (...) (26 years ago, 29-Oct-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Controling LEGO trains via Decta Control Lab

I was hoping someone would post a solution to the software platform. I would even kill for just the low level API to the control lab direct and write my own Visual Basic OCX for it. The LOGO development environment is a bit forgien to me and is (...) (26 years ago, 29-Oct-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Controling LEGO trains via Decta Control Lab

I don't know if this is the type of program you are looking for, but there is a graphical programming environment called "LEGO Engineer" on the following site: (URL) stumbled across it while looking for any information on the Control Lab itself. It (...) (26 years ago, 9-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)