 Robotics / 225
224  |  226
Subject:
Controling LEGO trains via Decta Control Lab
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 00:34:30 GMT

Hi All,
I have been working on controlling LEGO trains thru the Decta Control Lab
and I got a tip to pulse the power to the rails to better control the trains
speed. There are 8 power settings via the ctrl lab and there are really only
2 or 3 settings that are usable for trains.

My prob is that the smallest time "tick" is 1/10 of a second. My experiments
with 10Hz pulsing is not to good. Does any one have a better solution. An EE
question, to change the speed do you vary the duty cycle, freq, or the
voltage of the square wave?

Also: Are comments allowed in the LOGO code? Are all variables global? Can
you pass a param list to a procedure?

Lastly, I hate LOGO and the MAC UI under DOS. Is there a Visual Basic OCX
for the Crtl Lab?

SteveB
Frustrated LOGO programmer
Please reply to steve.e.barile@intel.com and steve.bar@worldnet.att.net